Beauty Device Information
LED Light Therapy
LED (Light Emitting Diode) therapies emit varying wavelengths of light that treat different skin concerns. They have been in use for over 30 years and were originally developed for NASA astronauts to help with tissue healing and repair. The benefits are multifold and depending on the wavelength used, have been shown to treat acne, regulate oil production, stimulate collagen and elastin and minimize the appearance of redness and wrinkles. It can even reduce dark spots and uneven skin tone. The spectrum of light used does not include UV light, therefore there is no risk of skin damage.
LED therapy uses light in the visible spectrum including blue, yellow, amber and red as well as light beyond the visible spectrum to penetrate different depths of the skin. As the wavelength of light increases, so does the depth of penetration.
LED is suitable for use on all skin types and tones. One of the primary benefits of LED therapy is the absence of downtime and discomfort. These LED devices are easy to use and need between 10 (masks) to 30 minutes (wand devices) of dedicated time. Results can be realized with as little as 2-3 sessions a week.
The results of light therapy are cumulative, so the benefit is realized over time.
The colors used in LED:
RED - works to sooth inflammation and redness, it prompts cellular repair and circulation resulting in plumper, more vibrant skin.
BLUE - is antibacterial making it ideal for acne-prone skin; it helps purify the skin and regulates oil glands and is ideal for preventing breakouts.
AMBER - works to revitalize the skin, reduce swelling and increase radiance.
INFRARED - penetrates deeper than any other light in the spectrum and combats signs of aging by replenishing dermal and epidermal cells, it stimulates collagen and elastin and speeds up recovery.
GREEN - improves pigmentation and reduces fine lines.
YELLOW - improves wrinkles, promotes lymphatic drainage, smooths skin and reduces redness.
PURPLE - combination of red and blue lights, helps with healing and scar repair, reduces scarring and improves lymph metabolism.
WHITE - resolves age spots, improves fine lines and sagging skin.
LED therapy can be used at home safely and is a fraction of the cost than a visit to a professional setting. Part of the safety comes from the fact that the strength of the home devices are less than those received in the doctor's office.
High Frequency Electrotherapy
High frequency facial systems are devices used in spas, medical offices and high end salons which deliver safe and gentle oscillating oxygenating power of electrical currents. These currents are 'high frequency' and have many functions and benefits such as increasing collagen, enhancing blood circulation, encouraging lymphatic drainage and exfoliating dead cells. It also can increase skin product absorption and shrinks pore size.
High frequency electrotherapy works by using a glass high frequency electrode, which comes in different sizes and shapes in order to treat the various contours of the face and the body. A mild electrical current passes through the glass electrode when applied to the skin emitting a soft glow and low buzzing sound causing a mild zapping sensation.
This healing electrical light energy treats aging or damaged skin a results in firm and toned skin. It also promotes the healing of acne, skin lesions, sagging skin and puffy eyes.
The high frequency electrodes appear violet/purple when the glass is filled with argon gas. The orange/red electrodes are filled with neon gas. Argon gas is particularly helpful for treating acne. Both are great for treating aging skin, scalp and hair for those dealing with hair loss. Both help to detoxify the skin leaving it enriched with nutrients and hydrated.
The benefits of a high frequency facial:
* improves and clears acne
* softens lines and wrinkles and improves sagging skin
* reduces pores and blackheads
* reduces eye puffiness and dark eye circles
* improves cellulite appearance
* promotes healthier hair growth
The benefits of high frequency hydrotherapy are truly phenomenal. It offers a safe and alternative to chemical peels and other recovery procedures as well as botox and invasive procedure.
How to prepare for your at-home treatment:
* Always cleanse and dry your skin
* Apply a layer of skin serum for deeper penetration
* Start with the lowest setting
* For sensitive skin, use a piece of gauze as an interface between the electrode and your skin
* Stop using retinoids for 5-7 days before treatment
* Avoid harsh exfoliants for a week prior
* Apply a moisturizer after treatment
* Remove any metal jewelry before your high frequency treatment
Microcurrent therapy uses low-voltage electricity to stimulate muscle, ATP cell growth and collagen and elastin development in the dermis of the skin. It has been around for decades and used in physical therapy to help with wound healing and tissue repair. It is safe, effective and specific. It is also widely known as the 'nonsurgical face-lift' as it diminishes signs of aging, improves your face contour and brightens your complexion. This low-voltage electrical current repairs damaged tissue and re-educated the facial muscles to become firmer and tighter.
The benefits of a Microcurrent Facial
* It reduces fine line and wrinkles - ATP production stimulates collagen and elastin production, helps slow down and replenish the loss of natural collagen (which occurs at a rate of 1% loss per year). Studies have shown it increases elastin production by 45% and collagen thickness by 10%!
* It retrains the facial muscles for improved facial contour - the facial muscles are the only muscle in your body that ate directly attached to the skin. As we age, these muscles become weaker leading to sagging of the skin. By boosting ATP production, this serves to re-energize your facial muscles to improve muscle tone and firming of the skin.
* It boosts blood circulation in the face while reducing facial puffiness. Increased blood circulation improves nutrient and oxygen supply resulting in a more radiant and healthier complexion. In addition the electrical current travels deep into the muscle and the lymphatic system which reduces puffiness.
* It gives immediate results with cumulative effect. Results can be appreciated immediately after use without any downtime. Effects are cumulative with regular use.
* It is painless and non-invasive. the low-level current used manifests as a tingling, painless sensation.
Microcurrent facials can be used by anyone even starting in your 20s before any signs of aging.
You should avoid using it if you:
* are pregnant
* have active acne or other inflammatory skin condition
* have a pacemaker
* had botox or fillers 2 weeks prior
* have metal facial implants.
So go "take your face to the gym" - do it consistently for the best results!
Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that is used to treat skin concerns by directly stimulating collagen production. It uses small needles to prick the skin with the purpose of generating new collagen and skin tissue for smoother and firmer more toned skin. It is used mostly on the face but may be used to treat various scars, wrinkles and large pores.
Use it to target:
* acne scars
* age spots
* fine lines and wrinkles
* large pores
* certain types of scars (not for keloids)
* reduced skin elasticity
* uneven skin tone
Home use can be used to improved efficacy and absorption of skin serums and moisturizers!